Skip to main content


Professional Help....When Needed--0208 8677 737, 01753202228, 02037731311,07727255568, 07873329697, 01582380588 & 01183215055 (Reading)

Home  UK Visas And Immigration   UK Visa Refusal And Immig  Road Traffic Offence  Recent Case Laws  Application Forms  Contact Us  Employment Law  Housing   Immigration  Divorce And Family Law  Immigration Appeal Solici  Conveyancing Solicitors   Criminal Law  Frequently Asked Question  Civil Litigation   
Section 21 Notice
Tenancy Agreement
Renting from a social hou
Anti social behaviour in
Unlawful Eviction
Conveyancing Solicitors E
Sale your Property
Get your Document Certifi
Apply for Eviction Order
Evict your tenants
Landlord And Tenant Dispu
Tenant Know Your Rights
                                            Section 21 Notice

Section 21 Notice to Quit

section 21 notice to quit is described under the Housing Act 1988, it is the notice a landlord can give to a tenant to regain possession of a property at the end of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST). The landlord has a right to issue the tenant with a section 21 notice without giving any reason for ending the tenancy agreement.

A landlord has the legal right to retain possession at the end of a tenancy but must follow the correct legal procedure, which includes serving a section 21 notice. The Housing Act 1996 amended the section 21 of the 1988 Act by requiring this notice to be given in writing.

Section 21 of the Housing Act 1988 is divided into subsections with different procedures to be followed depending on whether the Section 21 notice is served before the fixed term has come to an end or after, when the tenancy has become a periodic tenancy.

Landlords rights as per Section 21 Notice to Quit. 

Landlord and Tenant disputes,  section 21 notice to quit to recover the possession of a property.