Tier 2 (General)

The Tier 2 (General) category is for foreign nationals who have been offered a skilled job to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled worker.

Before you apply, you must read the Tier 2 policy guidance, which you can download from the right side of this page.

Limit on Tier 2 (General) workers applying from abroad

For the year from 6 April 2012 to 5 April 2013, a maximum of 20,700 skilled workers can come to the UK under Tier 2 (General) to do jobs with an annual salary below £150,000.

There is no limit on the number of workers coming to the UK to do jobs with an annual salary of £150,000 or above.

Do you need a Tier 2 visa to come to the UK?

Tier 2 is part of our points-based system, which is for migrants from outside Europe. You do not need to apply under the points-based system if:

  • you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland – the European nationals section describes your right to work in the UK;
  • you are a British overseas territories citizen, unless you are from one of the sovereign base areas in Cyprus;
  • you are a Commonwealth citizen with permission to enter or stay in the UK because at least one of your grandparents was born here – the UK ancestry section explains how you can apply;
  • your partner or (if you are under 18) one of your parents has permission to stay in the UK under Tier 2 of the points-based system – you should apply as their dependant; or
  • you have no conditions or time limit attached to your stay.

For any further information contact us!!

Should you wish to apply yourself then visit UKBA website