Many Immigrants are living in the United Kingdom with their children or a child can apply under the 7 years child residence rule.

It applies to all those applicants whose children or child has lived in the United Kingdom continuously 7 years and has established a private life in the UK could not be expected to leave the UK as the decision of the Home Office/UKVI will be unduly harsh.

The Home Office/UKVI guidelines state that the best interest of the child is paramount and the caseworker should consider and weigh on the balance of probability the best interest of the child as stated under Section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009.

It is the Home Office/UKVI duty regarding the welfare of the Child.

To qualify under this 7 years child residence rule, the requirements are as follows:

i) The child has lived continuously in the UK for at least 7 years

ii) The child is under 18 years and in the UK

iii) It is not reasonable to expect the child to leave the United Kingdom.

As the child has lived in the UK then the child and his/her parents can apply under this 7 years child residence rule and will be granted a leave to remain on the basis of private life for 30 months, but they will be entitled to apply for Indefinite Leave to remain after 10 years continuously living in the UK.

If you cannot afford to pay the fees as you are destitute or you will become destitute after paying the fees then you can apply for help with fees, which is also known as a fee waiver.

So should you wish then feel free to contact our team of expert Immigration Solicitors who have dealt with many such applications?

Our aim is your goal and we endeavour to deliver the best. Every child matters.

This firm is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).