Tier 1 Investor Visa)
Candidates qualify for this visa on the basis of investments they make in the UK. The main eligibility criterion to be fulfilled by applicants is that they must invest a minimum of £1 million, an amount solely owned by the investor in the UK. Due to the high investment amount, some of the strict requirements of the investor visa can be waived. The requirement of 75 points can be achieved just through the investment itself. If the applicant can’t invest £1 million then they need to have assets worth £2 million after liabilities.
The Tier 1 Investor visa is quite different from other tier 1 visas as it does not require the applicant to have a sponsorship certificate from a licensed sponsor to gain entry clearance. Individuals can apply for the UK investor visa if they are non EEA and Swiss nationals.
The following enables applicants to qualify for this visa:
- Applicants must have at least £1,000,000 which should be held in a regulated financial institution and disposable in the United Kingdom
- Applicant own personal assets worth £2,000,000 in value after liabilities.
- Applicants who are in the UK and wish to make an initial application for the investor category.
- Applicants who are already in the UK under the former investor category and wish to extend their stay within the new tier 1 investor category.
- Applicants who are already in the UK under the tier 1 investor category and who wish to extend their stay in the existing category.
- Applicants applying from outside the UK for entry clearance on the investor category.