Fulfilling the General Requirements criteria for Qualification

Quite similar to other tier 1 categories, the Post Study Work visa places the onus of fulfilling general requirements as well as any category related requirements on the applicant. Candidates would need to earn a total of 75 points in the points based system to become eligible for immigration. The general requirements category is further subdivided into two corresponding headings:

English Language Proficiency: Any Post Study Work visa application is approved only when a candidate has successfully finished a course at a UK college or university. The English language requirement is successfully met as and when a student completes a course specialising in English language.

Maintenance: Candidates must show how they will financially support themselves and any dependents whilst in the UK. However, candidates should note that the amount of funds required will depend on whether an application is submitted at an embassy, overseas, in the UK or with a UK border agency.

Qualifying for Tier 2 English language requirements

Gaining entry under any tier 2 category is only possible if an applicant successfully complies with the English language proficiency requirements. This is to ensure an applicant not only succeeds in their new job role but that they are also able to integrate successfully into life in the UK. Applicants can demonstrate their English language proficiency in one of the following ways:

Passing an English language test at an acceptable level – The test certificate must be issued by an organisation approved by UK Border Agency such as an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at Level B1 , score 4.0

Successfully completing a degree in English – This should be equivalent to a UK bachelor’s level or higher.

Belonging to or being a citizen of a majority English speaking country – Documentary evidence of nationality can be in the form of a current valid original passport or travel document, current national identity card or an original letter from the applicant’s home government or embassy.